Thursday 1 January 2015

I find all this girliness ... disturbing

Happy new year everyone.  I hope you enjoy the new look and the changes here in my world.  I thought it was time for a fresh start and to leave the beer business behind.

We rang in the new year by introducing the girls to Star Wars.  They had never watched any of the movies before and I thought it was time.  We started at the beginning with the 1977 original film.  They all started out excited, but started getting pretty fidgety about half way through.  The littlest kept humming Christmas songs in my ear and then started asking questions about what was going on.  When it was over, we asked them what they thought.  The biggest said she she really liked it, but her overly feigned enthusiasm gave her away.  The littlest is asking when we can watch it again (so she can tune out again I presume).  And the middlest told the truth and said it was boring.  Boring?!  What am I going to do?  I find their lack of interest...disturbing.

After the movie was over, the little two went to bed, and the biggest watched the end of the Canada/US world junior hockey game.  There were only three minutes left and I said she could watch before going to bed.  (mostly so I wouldn't have to miss any of it tucking her in)  We talked about how many periods there are in a hockey game (no, not four like football), about how boring the intermissions are (I said that if she watched more, she would understand more and the analysis would be interesting - she didn't buy it), and about how a one hour game takes three hours to play.  The last three minutes of the game turned out to be pretty exciting with the Americans pulling their goalie, Canada scoring, the Americans scoring after that, the American pulling their goalie again and the Canadians scoring another empty net goal.  When it was all over, I said, 'well, that was pretty tense.'  Biggest just looked at me and said, 'maybe for you.'  I've got my work cut out for me, that's for sure.

The other day I overheard a very important life lesson.  I should start by saying we have always called body parts what they are - no made up words for certain anatomy.  Littlest and Middlest usually tub together and as I was walking by the bathroom, I was stopped in my tracks by what I heard.  Middlest was explaining things to Littlest and it went like this:  'Always wash your vagina first and then your bum.  And then don't go back to your vagina!'  So there you have it.  Words to live by.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment