Wednesday 4 February 2015

No bull, we got a puppy

Our family added a new addition this past Saturday.  She is of the furry, four legged variety and we are all pretty taken with her.  I'll have to admit, I've been fighting this for quite a while.  But now that our little bundle is here, I am enjoying our decision.  For the most part anyway.  I don't know why we decided to enter the potty training realm again or why I'm getting up a couple of times in the night to let the dog out to pee, but this will pass and soon there will be less accidents on the kitchen floor and more dead spots on the lawn.  

So without further ado, here is Rosie:


It probably won't be long till she can't walk under the kitchen chairs anymore (half Burnese Mountain dog, half Lab/Pyrenees X Shepherd):


How could anyone not love her?


The two new friends hanging out:


The girls are all pretty skitterish when Rosie is in full-out puppy mode.  I'm trying to teach them that they are in charge and not the dog.  Littlest hears everything I tell her and then repeats it when she is talking to Rosie.  'Down Rosie!  I'm the boss of you!' and 'No Rosie, I'm not your chew toy!' are fairly common expressions now.  Littlest coined one of her own too when Rosie decides that she should bark:  'No Rosie, inside bark!'

As with all puppies, Rosie loves to chew.  On anything and everything.  I was in Pet Planet yesterday getting some new food and I asked about the rawhide looking chew things they had and if they were good for new puppies.  We always had dogs on the farm, but they pretty much fed themselves and definitely didn't get bones and chew toys bought for them, so this part is new to me.  The salesperson suggested this corkscrew shaped one, so I went with it.  Needless to say Rosie loved it.  I brought it home and she worked on it for half an hour straight.  I texted Julie a picture of Rosie working it over and she laughed and asked what they were made of.  I said I didn't know.  She suggested something and I told her she was crazy (but she was right).  I looked at the tag and it said 'bully stick.'  So I googled that.  Well, there's an eye opener.  If you had told me that I would be spending $8 on a dried piece of bull penis, I would have told you that you were nuts.  It really is a crazy world.  But she loves it and it is probably saving some children's toes and shoes, so will I buy another?  Probably.  I can't believe I just said that.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment